Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

I just finished this book and really enjoyed it. I will admit after reading the "Twilight" Series by Stephanie Meyer, it's hard to jump so completely into another book, as you do with that series. However, this was a fun, easy read that I liked. I know there is a movie about this book, but wanted to read the book first so I could get my own sense of things. I was kind of confused as the book jumps from girl to girl, and I had a hard time picturing what Tibby looked like. They are writing letters to each other in the book, and I would have to re-read the next paragraph after each letter a few times b/c it would jump around and I wasn't sure who it was about. BUT I did love each of the girls stories and characters. I want more!! So I went to the library to find the second book, but they are out, so we'll just have to wait! I balled when Bailey died and felt so sad for Lena leaving Kostos. I didn't understand why Bee wouldn't snap out of it after her fling with Eric and I wanted shake Carmens dad and tell him to wake up!! It's fun to see the relationship that these four have and it makes me wish I had 3 girlfriends that lived so close! Why do you think the pants are so magical? And the only rule I would have to disagree with is the washing part. Eeew!

6 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

So I am not a reader but I am still a teenager at heart I think the movie is so cute so if you want to have a movie nite I will watch it with youHEE HEE

Paige said...

I have seem the movie, but as I get older I have to say that books are usually better than movies. So I might have to give it a shot. Right now I am reading The Memory Keepers Daughter. It's a pretty thought provoking book & I usually do better with "fun," "mindless" books like Twilight that take no effort to get though because they are so entertaining!

Heather said...

I've been wanting to read The Book THief. I've heard it's so good. So maybe I'll jump on board while waiting for book 4 from Twlight to come out.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

I haven't read this book yet but have thought about it. Maybe I'll check it out... Great idea to have a book blog!

Urry Family said...

I just finished Twilight and I loved it. I was going to start "The Host" but last night I saw "The Book Thief" at the library and I had to grab it. I have a lot of road trips coming up, and hope to get it read pretty quick, so I will come back and comment on it. Good idea to start this book blog, I am just getting into reading again and loving it! Thanks!
BRITT