Wednesday, February 24, 2010

{My Sister's Keeper} by Jodi Picoult


My read this month was "My Sister's Keeper". I had a bit of a hard time finishing this book. I'm a big believer of positive thinking and whatever you think about will come about. So reading a book on a girl with leukemia and how her family dealt with it was a struggle to keep my own thoughts positive. (In the back of my mind as I am reading this is that my dad has lung cancer and I'm pregnant with my third, so I don't want to pull anything negative to me reading this depressing book). I almost quit, but somehow I trudged on. It was a very ironic ending and very tragic to say the least. I bawled, of course. I felt really bad for that family. The poor brother (I forget his name...?) but he suffered the most, I think. He got overlooked and has some serious issues to deal with. The sister's at least had each other, and YES Anna was brought into this world for the sole purpose of being a donor for her sister, but at least she felt needed. I would hope that if something like that were to happen in my life I would still love equally and be there for EACH child. How can I say that though? I don't know what it would be like. I guess it just goes to show that life isn't fair and that it never goes as expected. But cherish each moment and each person in your life. Ugh...on to the next book.

No comments: