Wednesday, March 24, 2010

{The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society} by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows


This was such a fun read. I didn't think I would like reading letters back and forth from someone, but it turned out to be so interesting. I loved hearing thoughts and experiences from different people to Juliet. We got to experience and share parts of the war and it was sad and tragic to hear what these people went through, but you could see that it helped them work through it to talk about it and share it with Juliet. I absolutely LOVED the ending and was so happy that Juliet ends up with Dawsey. The characters became so real and I wanted to see pictures of them to put a face to the names. Very easy read and two thumbs up from me! :)

1 comment:

Tyler and Julia said...

My Mom gave me a copy of this book for Christmas last year. Personally it was kind of hard for me to keep up with the story line without getting confused because it's written completely in letter format, but I just LOVED the part where the little girl was ready to show Juliet the contents of her special box. It made me wonder what I would consider my most precious treasures if I could only keep a few small objects inside a box.